About Warsteiner Brewery
Warsteiner Brewery, founded in 1753, is one of the largest private breweries in Germany. Its flagship is the WARSTEINER Premium Verum brand, one of the most popular beer brands in all of Germany. In addition to the Warsteiner Brewery, the Paderborner Brewery (Paderborner, Isenbeck, Weissenburg), the Herforder Brewery (Herforder Pilsener), die Frankenheim Brewery (Frankenheim Alt) and a holding in the König Ludwig Schlossbrauerei Kaltenberg (König Ludwig Dunkel, König Ludwig Weissbier, König Ludwig Hell) are part of the Warsteiner Group. The Warsteiner Group now sells its products in more than 60 countries worldwide.
WARSTEINER PREMIUM VERUM: DISTINCT, UNIQUE, EXCEPTIONAL
WARSTEINER is the international Premium Pilsner from Germany, because of our key differences:
- Brewed according to the German Purity Law of 1516
- Privately owned company in the 9th generation
- Craftsmanship and brewing experience since 1753
- Enjoyed in more than 60 countries on 5 continents
- Premium quality ingredients
- Outstandingly soft brewing water from a natural reserve
- Selected brewing barley and controlled hops from the best
- A unique bright golden colour and a finely poured head
- Thousands of examinations throughout the brewing process
All this leads to the perfect balance of a full-bodied taste and great drinkability.
An ice-cold filtered international premium class pilsener
- Crystal clear with a fiery brilliance and a fine head
- Refreshing, pale gold with a clean, crisp taste
- Perfectly balanced with hints of barley malt
- Subtle bottom fermenting yeast tones and mild hoppy bitterness
- Gravity 11.6% and alc. 4.8% vol. (ABV)
- DLG Award in Gold 2016 (For more information, see http://www.dlg.org/)
A thirst quencher with the original pilsener flavor
- Pale golden Premium Beer
- The dealcoholization is very gently executed following the brewing process
- For a refreshingly crisp, full-bodied taste
- A perfect fit for any occasion
- Subtle bottom-fermenting yeast tones
- 0.0% vol. (ABV)
KÖNIG LUDWIG BEER:
- The only truly ROYAL wheat beer
- Founder of Bavarian Brewing Purity Law (1516)
- Founder of Oktoberfest (1810)
- Founder of the beer gardens
König Ludwig Weissbier Hell
- Appearance: Naturally golden colouring with a strong cloudiness.
- Aroma: Clean and pure, typically fruity aromatic.
- Palate: Tangy aroma.
- Taste: Well balanced, with a light emphasis on the yeast ingredient.
- Aftertaste: Rapid fading with a mildly balanced bitterness.
Conclusion: Konig Ludwig Weissbier Hell is a typical light water beer with the full array of stimulating, fruity beer aromas.
A classic Weissbier with a long Wittelsbacher tradition dating back centuries, this particularly bubbly, tasty wheat beer with 5.5% ABV and 12.5% original gravity invokes summer afternoons spent in the relaxing ambience of a traditional beer garden. Carefully selected yeast and a special brewing process give this quintessential quaffable “Weissbier” its unmistakable royal light-golden color, its tell-tale natural cloudiness and above all a superior taste of well-rounded bitterness perfectly balanced with complex fruity notes. Poured into a classic Weissbier glass, its frothy head and thirst-quenching effervescence spell summer refreshment like nothing else.
In 2008, König Ludwig Weissbier Hell was honored as the world’s best wheat beer at the World Beer Award sponsored by the well-known international magazine “Beers of the World.” The jury praised König Ludwig Weissbier as the “prototype of Bavarian wheat beer,” a sentiment echoed by its countless fans around the world.
König Ludwig Dunkel
- Appearance: Sturdy dark colouring with a fine-pored froth.
- Aroma: Clean and pure, redolent of roasted malt with a notable bouquet of hops.
- Palate: Well-balanced, with emphasis on the malt ingredient; light.
- Taste: Malty, light and well-balanced. A touch of caramel brings out the dark malt.
- Aftertaste: Relatively rapid fading. The noticeably bitter character of the hops stimulates the urge to carry on drinking.
Conclusion: Konig Ludwig Dunkel is the embodiment of a dark Bavarian beer.
König Ludwig Dunkel successfully continues the tradition of dark beer in Bavaria dating back to medieval times. Re-introduced to today’s beer lovers by HRH Luitpold Prinz von Bayern, König Ludwig Dunkel reigns as the most popular dark beer in Germany. With selected aroma hops from southern Germany, this traditional Bavarian beer is masterfully brewed with premium barley malt carefully caramelized in a traditional copper brew kettle.
A perfect beer for cooler seasons and hearty meals, this classic Bavarian dark beer delights with its rich dark color and elegant, spicy malt taste with 5.1% ABV and 12.5% original gravity—an ideal choice for a relaxing get-together with friends.
With so much attention to detail and respect for tradition, König Ludwig Dunkel is welcomed around the world with cheers. In 2010, it received the silver medal at the Asian Beer Award in the dark beer/dark wheat beer category scoring consistently high in all categories including appearance, aroma, flavor and body, style and technical quality.